Saturday, March 21

Favorite Chicken Cordon Bleu

As requested this is my favorite Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe. I like ones with a little more flavor. ;)

4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
8 (1 oz) slices Swiss cheese (or 4 slices Swiss cheese cut into fingers about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick)

8 thin slices cooked ham (deli slices may be used, or if you like thicker pieces have them cut your ham thicker and slice into fingers 1 1/2 inches long and about 1/8 inches thick)

1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1 tsp chicken herb seasoning

Preheat oven to 350. Place one chicken breast, smooth side down, between two sheets waxed paper (or in 1 gallon zippered plastic bag, press air out before sealing). Pound with flat end of meat mallet or heavy flat pan for an even thickness - about 1/8". Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.

On each ham slice place a finger of cheese. Roll ham and cheese jelly-roll style, then roll each chicken breast with ham and cheese inside. Tuck in ends and seal well. (Tie rolls if necessary, or fasten edges with toothpicks.) Dip each roll in melted butter, then into crumb mixture and thoroughly coat.

Arrange in a medium casserole dish and bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until done. Makes 6 - 8 servings.

If you would like serve with sauce.

The next time I make this, I will try to remember to take pictures. The Herb Chicken Seasoning was a little difficult for me to find, but very worth it. It is on the McCormick discontinued list, but I emailed them and requested the recipe. I'll let you know how that goes.

If I would have known they were going to discontinue it I would have stocked up. Luckily I still have the bottle so maybe I can look at the ingredients and see what I can do if they refuse to give me their recipe. ;)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Thank you! I'm excited to try it!