Friday, April 24

Blueberry Muffins from a Book

My mom made the best Blueberry muffins ever and I am very sad that I was never able to get the recipe from her; however, after looking and trying several I have found my favorite thus far.

It comes from a book called Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke. I also enjoyed the book.

I usually only use 1/2 the crumb topping and freeze the rest for when I do another batch. I also freeze the extra blueberry pie filling.

3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
2 cups plus 1 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk

Crumb Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup softened butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees (middle rack). Grease the bottoms of a 12 cup muffin pan.

Melt butter. Mix in sugar. Then add beaten eggs (just whip them up with a fork), baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.

Put 1 Tbsp flour in plastic bag with blueberries and shake gently to coat. Add half remaining flour (1 cup) to your bowl and mix it in with half of the milk. Then add remaining flour and milk and mix thoroughly.

Add 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling to your bowl and mix it in. When thoroughly mixed fold in the flour-coated blueberries.

Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and sprinkle crumb topping over them. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.

You can also use with tea loaf pans - bake 10 minutes longer.

Flavor intensifies overnight!

No comments: