Monday, May 11

Super Moist Carrot Cake

This carrot cake recipe has been in my family since my younger twin siblings were about six. They made this cake for years together.

2 cups sugar (I use 1 cup white and 1 cup brown)
1 1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
3 cups grated carrots (6 -8 carrots)
1 can crushed pineapple drained
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Combine ingredients in order putting one egg in at a time.

Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean

Top with Cream Cheese Icing once cooled. This freezes nicely, I actually prefer it frozen!

This cake is super moist and very good; however, it does not work well for wedding cakes. Because of how moist it is, it does not hold it's shape for decorating with fondant. Yes I've tried it!

No comments: