Friday, June 26

Snarfy Salad

This salad got it's name from my brother and sister. I could not find a definition for 'Snarfy' in the dictionary; however I did find snarf.

snarf:
Pronunciation:\ˈsnärf\
Etymology: perhaps blend of snack and scarf

That about sums it up for me! ;)

1 can mandarin oranges drained
1 can pineapple tidbits drained
1 can fruit cocktail drained (optional)
1 large tub Cool Whip
2 small containers (or 1 large) cottage cheese
1 large package peach Jello powderf

Mix Cool Whip (it doesn't have to be the Cool Whip brand) and cottage cheese together. The Cool Whip is so much easier to handle if it is not frozen.

Add fruit and Jello powder. Chill to set and serve.

You can serve it right away; however it is a little more firm if it is allowed to sit in the fridge for about 1 hour.

I made this tonight for a large gathering and I forgot to take pictures. Sorry, next time!

No comments: