Friday, January 1

Chex Mix, with a twist!


The name of this recipe as I got it is, Naola's Goodie. This is a dear elderly Sister in my ward that passed away this last summer. I'm not sure why it's named after her, unless she made it up, I really don't know. I do know there are a few variations of different kinds of Chex Mix snack recipes out there. This one is fast becoming my favorite.

Put in a big bowl:

5 1/2 cups Rice Chex
5 1/2 cups Corn Chex
5 1/2 cups Golden Grahams (I used the malt o meal brand)
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds

In meduium pan, heat on high for 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved:

2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup

Take off heat and add 1 tsp vanilla

Poor over Cereal mixture and mix well. Spread on wax paper, let cool. Break into pieces and bag.

Mine didn't need to be broken into pieces, it naturally did it on it's own.

This is the original recipe. You can add additional mix ins as desired. My neighbor made us some for christmas with cashews and craisins, super yum. That's how I made mine. I've also had some with some kind of soft peppermint pieces. That was super yum, too, I haven't been able to find the peppermint pieces. I was told to try Gygi's, just haven't yet.

Additional mix ins:

1 1/2 cups cashews
1 1/2 cups craisins
1 1/2 cups

Use your imagination!

1 comment:

GG said...

Oh so yummy!