Saturday, February 28

Beans and Rice; Rice and Beans II

I love my beans with rice. The Spanish rice recipe I like to make is:

2 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth (I use the bullion cubes to make it)
1 Tbsp dried onion
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes

If you melt the butter over medium heat and put the rice in the butter with the chopped up garlic to fry it gives it a nice toasted flavor. I fry the rice until it starts to turn a tan color and smell toasted. Then I add the broth, onion, parsley and tomatoes. I bring it to a boil, cover it and reduce it to low heat for 25 minutes.

Any of the leftovers can be used in making burritos the next day. Oh and as an added thought, if you make Lemonade with it; the acid will help reduce the amount of gas you get. Orange juice works too.

No comments: