Thursday, April 16

Food Storage Ideas

So here is a list of some food storage items and ideas:

Grains
Wheat
Flour
Corn Meal
Oats
Rice
Pasta

Fats and Oils
Shortening/Butter
Vegetable Oil
Mayonnaise
Salad Dressing
Peanut Butter

Legumes
Beans, dry
Lima Beans
Soy Beans
Split Peas
Lentils
Dry Soup Mix

Sugars
Honey
Sugar
Brown Sugar
Powdered Sugar
Molasses
Corn Syrup
Jams
Fruit Drink, powdered
Flavored Gelatin
Cocoa

Milk
Dry Milk
Evaporated Milk
Other

Cooking Essentials
Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Yeast
Salt
Vinegar
Vanilla extract

Water
Water
Bleach

Other
Dried Onions
Spices
Potato Pearls
Canned Goods

Bottled Goods
Apple Sauce
Apples
Peaches
Pears
Green Beans
Pumpkins/Squash
Tomatoes (sauce)
Grape Juice
Apricot Nectar
Plum Jam
Strawberry Jam
Raspberry Jam
Peach Jam

Household
Medicine
Toilet Paper
Feminine Supplies
Tooth Paste, Brushes
Contacts, Solution
Shampoo
Lotion
Dish Soap
Material, Thread, Patches, Needles, Buttons
Candles
Light Bulbs
Lanterns
Coal and/or Wood
Matches
Cleaning supplies
First Aid kit
Charcoal Briquets & aluminum foil
(you can use to make a cardboard oven to cook with)

Make sure you rotate your supplies when you restock. I feel so much more secure with a year supply or more!

If I don't have something on the list that you think of please let me know! I might have overlooked it myself. ;)

1 comment:

Donna said...

This is a great list!!

Just off the top of my head, I came up with a couple of things I would add to it

Vanilla extract
Charcoal Briquets & aluminum foil
(you can use to make a cardboard oven to cook with)