Tuesday, April 21

Lasagna

This is combination of my mother's lasagna and my husband's preference.

1/2 lb ground beef
7-8 lasagna pasta (uncooked)
32 oz spaghetti sauce
32 oz cottage cheese
grated mozzarella or Colby Jack cheese

Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Mix in spaghetti sauce.

Layer in a 9 x 13 casserole dish: about 4 uncooked pasta, 16 oz cottage cheese, 1/2 meat mixture and repeat with remaining. Top with cheese.

Cook at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Let cool down for about 30 minutes. This will help it absorb all the extra juices as well.

I made this today, but I didn't take any pictures. I will have to do so next time.

You can get the spaghetti sauce $1.00 for a 26 oz can on sales, and I use about 1 1/2 cans. This is cheaper and easier than making your own from cans of tomato sauce.

No comments: