Saturday, April 18

Sloppy Joes

As per requested, I am putting in my Sloppy Joe recipe! Sorry it took so long!

3 - 5 celery stocks cut up
1/4 onion
1 Tbsp butter
1 lb hamburger
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp mustard
1 pkg Sloppy Joe mix
1 can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Saute celery and onion in butter. Set aside.

Brown hamburger and cook with Sloppy Joe mix (I use Western Family) according to package directions (you can get these packets for 3 or 4 packets for a $1.oo on sale) using the can of tomatoes instead of the tomato paste and water.

I know it is cheating, but I haven't found a recipe yet that has all the right seasonings to taste like the packet.

Add soy sauce, mustard, sauted vegetables and brown sugar and simmer until thickened.

It is also good with chopped up dill pickles in it and a little of the juice. Enjoy!!!

No comments: