Saturday, July 11

Quick & Easy Bread Sticks

This is all I had left to photograph...

This is the same recipe I use for my pizza crusts and I mentioned the breadsticks in that post; however I thought I would make them a little easier to find. ;)

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
3 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Topping:

1/2 cup butter
garlic salt
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and mix all the ingredients together. Add 1/2 cup of flour if too sticky.

Knead for 3 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Melt 1/4 cup (1/2 cube) butter for each pan (recipe makes about two cookie sheets).

Roll out dough in pan and cover with butter. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and more heavily with Parmesan cheese.

Cut 1" strips with pizza cutter and let stand for 30 minutes or double the size.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Alternative Topping (from Our Best Bites):

1/2 c. powdered Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. Kosher salt
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. basil
2 tsp. marjoram
2 tsp. parsley

Found here. Combine ingredients in a jar and shake. You can keep this in the refrigerator and it keeps for quite some time. I am not sure how long. I use it to fast!

No comments: