Thursday, July 23

Stuffed Ground Beef

This recipe is mainly from one of my favorite cookbooks:Lion House Recipes

I cut it in half for my little brood; however I will give you the full 8 serving with some of my ideas along.

2 lbs lean ground beef
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups herb stuffing mix (I just use a .99 cent box of stuffing)
2 cans (10.5 oz each) cream of chicken soup
1/2 soup can water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and make stuffing mix following package directions.

Mix beef, eggs, bread crumbs, mil, salt and pepper until well blended. Divide into 16 portions. Flatten into thin patties (I like to do this between two sheets of plastic wrap).

My hands get really itchy if I touch hamburger, so when I prepare this I use the food handler plastic gloves. You can by them in boxes at Sam's club.

Scoop about 1/4 cup stuffing on 8 of the patties.

Place second pattie on top, then press around edges to seal well. I put these together in the baking pan so I don't have them fall apart or anything while moving them. It will take two cake pans for 8.

Brown meat in 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes.

Mix soup with water and pour over patties. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes.

Serve with baked potatoes, that you cook right along with them, or rice pilaf.

No comments: