Wednesday, December 23

Peppermint Bark


I took this off my nieces blog. Yum!! My notes are in parenthesis.

"Why pay $10, $15, or even $20 for peppermint bark when it is probably the EASIEST thing you can make yourself. It is completely fool-proof and delicious.
There are a few variations but here is the simplest.

1 bag of white chocolate chips.
Candy canes, Crush candy canes with rolling pin. (My experience was 3 reg sized candy canes works nicely, I used about 6 for 2 bags of chips)

You can choose how fine you want them crushed. - Set aside.

TIP: I prefer the mini candy canes. They are easier to crush and have less mess. Leave them in the little bags they come in, then you can just cut the bags and pour.

Lay wax paper on cookie sheet for easy moving.

Melt chocolate in microwave, stir until smooth. Pour on wax paper.

Spread to desired thickness. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. You're done!

The chocolate will set on it's own. When it's hardend, break into pieces and serve. ( I broke mine up like toffee, but it was a lot easier!)
Other variations:
Use semi-sweet choclate chips with a tsp of peppermint extract for an extra pepperminty taste!

Layer white chocolate on top of dark chocolate. This can be tricky because the two chocolates can easily mix, but the taste is wonderful! "

I made two bags of chips and it didn't last very long at our house! Yum, Yum!!
Thanks GG!!

1 comment:

Bella said...

I'm glad you liked it! It is very easy and delicious!