Saturday, August 14

Zucchini Lasagna

One of our summer favorites, I couldn't believe it wasn't on here already...

1 lb. ground turkey
zucchini
spaghetti sauce
cottage cheese
cheese (usually mozzarella, I used colby/cheddar blend because that's what I had)

I don't have amounts because you can make this as little or big as you want!

Cook ground turkey until cooked through. Season it to taste. I used some salt, pepper and some McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herb.

Spray your casserole dish I used my 11X14! slice zucchini thinly and layer on bottom of pan. (I use the zucchini in place of the noodles.) Sprinkle with 1/3 of ground turkey, layer spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese and grated cheese. Repeat with another layer of zucchini, ground turkey, cottage cheese & grated cheese. I had three layers.

Put in 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly and zucchini softens.

Let sit for about 10 minutes and dig in. Mine was quite soupy but absolutely delicious none the less!!

1 comment:

Callie and Chuck said...

When you say spaghetti sauce, is that just any kind of store bought? My personal favorite is that garden salsa in a jar with mushrooms. That looks really good by the way! =)

www.westplease.blogspot.com