Saturday, March 28

Baking Powder Biscuits

I made these today, but I altered the recipe a little to accommodate some buttermilk that I had, so I will give you both.

2 cups bread flour (or 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour)
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix dry ingredients into a medium bowl. Add milks and oil all at once and mix just until all wet, and forms a very soft dough.

Turn onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/2" thickness. Cut into about 2 1/2" rounds (I use a regular size hot drink cup/mug) and place on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Makes about 12 biscuits.

WITHOUT Buttermilk:

2 cups bread flour (or 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour)
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Same instructions as above.

I only had one left after my husband had lunch, so here is the one that is left.

No comments: