Thursday, July 16

Zucchini Bread

I picked several more zucchini from my garden and received some more from our ward garden. I grated it all up and measured out 12 very generous cups of grated zucchini. I bag and freeze (it freezes very well) my grated zucchini in 4 or 5 cup amounts so it's ready right from the bag for one of our summer favorites...
Zucchini Bread!!

3 eggs
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup oil (I use Canola)
2 C grated zucchini
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 Cups sifted flour

Grease & flour bread pans, and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat eggs: add sugar, oil, zucchini, & vanilla, mix well. In separate bowl add all dry ingredients and gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. ( I don't use a separate bowl, I just dump the dry ingredients one at a time into my Bosch doing the flour last.) Batter will be runny. Pour into pans (it should fill the pan about 3/4 full) and bake for 1 hour.

Makes 2 loaves. I usually double, because 2 loaves is never enough!!


*I will often add more than the 2 cups (4 cups if doubled). I just grate up what I have then measure out the 4 cups, if there's left over, I just even it out to all the bags. This time I probably ended up with closer to 5 cups. I guess I should date those bags, huh!

*I ran out of white flour in the kitchen and didn't feel like going downstairs to the storage room to get some more so I used some wheat flour in the recipe. I put about 1 3/4 cups in the 6 cup total. We couldn't tell a difference! I think next time I'll try half and half!
Enjoy!!

No comments: