Monday, August 3

Squash Casserole

I would have to say it wasn't the title that attracted me, but the ingredients did. It ended up being really good. Of course I really like anything that has stuffing with it!

2 lbs. yellow crookneck squash sliced (any summer squash works well)
1 onion, sliced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste (I only salted the squash and onion while steaming)
1 package dry stuffing

Steam squash and onion together. Prepare stuffing according to package directions.

Mix soup, sour cream and cheese together and add squash & onions.

Place 1/2 stuffing mixture in greased casserole dish, cover with soup & vegetable mixture and place remaining stuffing on top.

I tried this in a regular 9x13 casserole dish and it was kind of sparse, so I transferred it to a square 9x9 and it was a little much, so something in between would be best.

Bake at 350 degrees fro 45 minutes.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for another way to use the squash!

I'll double it, like everything else, then maybe it will fit the 9X13 just fine.

Donna said...

I didn't quite double everything in the recipe and I am glad I didn't because it barely fit, but it did fit beautifully. And boy was it delish!! Thanks for sharing!