Wednesday, December 2

Apple Crisp

As promised a couple recipes to use up those bottled apples.




The original recipe goes in a 8X8 square pan. I have to double almost everything so I make mine in a 9X13. I'll post both.




8X8

1 qrt bottled apples
1 Cup flour
1 stick margarine (softened)
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup oats (my own addition)
1/2 Cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

9X13

3 qrts bottled apples (we like lots of apples!)
2 Cups flour
2 sticks margarine (softened, or not, either one works)
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup oats
1 Cup sugar (if you like it sweet, add up to 1/2 cup more, I tripled my apples, but only doubled my sugar)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Directions for both


1. Pour out and drain apples in strainer in sink.




2. Put flour, margarine, b. sugar in bowl and cut with pastry cutter until crumbly. Add oats and cut in gently. (You can add oats in the beginning, but I like to keep my oats as whole as possible.) Set aside.


3. Spray pan with non stick cooking spray, or use the margarine wrapper to grease pan. Put apples in pan, add remaining ingredients (sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg). Mix until well coated, being careful not to break up apples too much. Pat apples smooth in pan.


4. Sprinkle crumble mixture on top.

5. Bake at 350 for 50 to 65 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top!

No comments: